Curriculum Vitæ, Colophon
Emeryville, CA, Bachelor of Applied Science in Digital Graphic Design
Ames, IA, Computer Science Major (Incompleted)
K-12, West Des Moines School District, 1987-2000
G/E w/advanced placement in Biology and Computer Science
Most of my education is from reading and experimenting on my own terms.
Employment @ Native Instinct, August 2007 - October 2009
Sites we have rebuilt from scratch and launched
- Virgin Charter, this got taken over by an in-house team at Virgin in LA, but we did a whole lot of work on it, learned Jquery for this project
- Rosa Pharmaceutical, i built this simple site in total (including base php framework) from design mockups
- Glammedia, this was an online quiz, all that's left is this winners page which i built completely from design mockups
- iLoop Mobile, my coworker yuri and i developed the front-end for this whole site, includes AJAX work
- FlipVideo, did some serious CSS legacy updating and new CSS for the storefront, built with two other developers, includes some ASP work
- Radiesse, Helped with overall framework, built main XHTML+CSS template, constructed the map section and before and after section
- Cytel, built and styled the contact form (with connectivity to SalesForce) and embedded customized Google maps
Web Prototyping for these Clients
Sites we have been doing heavy maintenance on
sites we have been doing low maintenance on
Employment @ Sightspeed, June 2005 - May 2007
Main completed tasks: upkept and developed front-end implementations/redesigns of
account management website,
processing website, and video
mail viewer for an internet video conferencing application development company.
- Converted the sightspeed.com site to valid XHTML and CSS (properly separating content from presentation).
- Cut the site into a templating system which enabled the switching over to using semantic URIs
- Site-wide updates for new product versions... and just general upkeep of the site
- Launched the video abilities and upkeep of videos on sightspeed.com
- Converted new designs (like the Purchase Process and Account Manager) to working web applications (XHTML and CSS work - from Photoshop design documents, I did not do the back-end work)
- Reviewed and upgraded old code and fixed UI/text bugs inside the SightSpeed application/product (which is web-based)
- Developed a process for building CSS-based email newsletters
- Setup Google Analytics
Worked with clients like T-mobile, Motorola, and Verizon Wireless. Assisted the lead designer to complete the following web campaigns:
Internship @ MADD World Media, April 2004 - May 2004
Worked with clients like Declarity, Bank of Alameda, Motorola, and Verizon Wireless.
Assisted the lead designer to complete the JetConcerts.com web campaign.
Assisted producers to create the following sites:
Created media content for Motorola cellular phones.
Internship Project @ Attik, March 2004
Three week motion graphics internship project for Nike. Did on-site photography as well as animation in After Effects using said photos.
Production Assistant @ Medical Industries America, 2001-2002
Helped the manager with the warehouse database and did tasks for the assembly lines.
Medical Industries America, Adel, Iowa, 1998
Pro-bono/freelance client projects are featured on my portfolio website: http://orgnsm.org/design
For a full list of web dev work w/screenshots please see webdev.orgnsm.org
- CSS (my strongest technical point, i've done fairly in-depth studying of browser quirks and testing rendering methods)
- XHTML/XML/XSLT (I've spent a lot of time thinking about semantic data construction and translation)
- PHP (I've started to get a more comprehensive view of this language lately)
- C++ (one year in advanced placement course in high school, one semester at ISU)
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe After Effects
- Adobe Flash
- Alias/Wavefront Maya
- Apple Final Cut Pro
- Avid Softimage DS
- Microsoft Windows (NT)
- Apple Macintosh
- Unix/Linux (Various)
- Digital Video/Still Cameras
- Apple Computers
- Various Scanners